The Newton Highlands Village Day 5K is a fun, community event where families and neighbors can run together.
We are honored to announce that this year’s race will be run in honor of John O’Hara, O’Hara’s co-owner/founder, champion of community causes and all-around great guy, who passed away in December. John was an incredible advisor in getting the Village Day 5K up and running five years ago. We are forever grateful for his support and generosity in sharing his knowledge and time.
Register online here — $30 for adults, $15 for ages 18 and younger. Onsite registration will start at 8AM in front of the Hyde Center.
Volunteers are also needed! Sign up here to volunteer for the 5K/Family Fun Road Race.
T-Shirts: All runners registered by Sunday, May 29 are guaranteed a tech (thinner, athletic weight) race T-shirt. Any remaining T-shirts will be distributed on a first-registered/first-served basis based on sizes available. We cannot guarantee T-shirts for those registering the day of the event.
The Course: The race is a local, open course. (Click the map for a larger view.) Start on Lincoln St. Continue on Woodward Street and some side streets, then Beacon St. Turn right onto Walnut St. and then right again on Lincoln to the finish. Please note:
- Streets are not blocked off for the event. However there will be cone lanes on Beacon St. and Walnut St.
- One water stop at Cold Spring Park on Beacon St.
- Safety is our top priority. Signs on main streets will let drivers know that a road race is going on. We need your help in keeping you safe.
- Runners will be running on the side of the street, in the cone lane, and on the sidewalks. Please use your best judgment on where is a safe place to run for you — and your children if they are running with you.
- Race monitors and auxiliary police will be on the course. Please alert any of them if you need assistance.
- You will cross Beacon Street twice. Auxiliary police will be there to help runners cross at both crossings. Please work with them to cross safely.
- The race finishes by running through the Highlands downtown where vendors will be actively finishing their set-up for Village Day. Continue all of the way back to where you started to get the correct chip time.
Timing & Awards: Runners’ times will be posted online after the event. Awards will be handed out immediately following the race for the top three finishers for both males and females in the following categories: Adult, High school, Middle school, and Elementary school.
Registration and Number Pick-up: Online registration is preferred. In-person registration will be available 8:00 – 9:45AM on the day of the race. Register by 9:45AM to guarantee a spot. Pick-up your number on Sunday morning before 9:45AM.
- Please park on local side streets around the Highlands: Bowdoin, Chester, Columbus, Hillside, Forest, Mountfort, Erie, and Hartford Streets.
- Please pay attention to street signs because in many cases parking may be allowed only on one side of the street.
- The course is conveniently accessible to the T Newton Highlands stop. Just exit toward Walnut Street and walk two blocks down Lincoln St. to check in.